This is not for the faint of heart. Cheese, heavy cream, and butter. Yes please!!
I had never roasted bell peppers before, it adds so much flavor and is very easy. To roast them preheat the oven to 450 F, then take your bell pepper and cut it in half. Remove all the blood and guts from inside, then just place it face down on a baking sheet and put it in the oven! Right when you put it in the oven, change the setting to low broil and leave it for 10-20 minutes or until they start to blacken. Then the peel will just slide right off and you can slice up what is left and put it in your amazing pasta you're about to make!
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 2 roasted red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful basil
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Melt the butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream, goat cheese, parmesan and roasted red peppers and simmer until the cheese has melted. Add the cheeses slowly to allow them to melt, mixing as you go.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, add the basil.
- Serve hot over the pasta garnished with more Parmesan and basil. Original recipe from Closet Cooking -Jerica-