Tuesday, December 4, 2012

VINTAGE COOKBOOK UPCYCLE


Well this project was quite tough to name...it's a cookbook upcycle to well... a cookbook! Jerica and I both love to try new recipes and cook for our friends. Inspired by a post from one of our favorite blogs A Beautiful Mess, we both started our own cookbooks. This is a fun alternative to store and archive all of our favorite recipes so it is quick and accessible in the kitchen as we cook (instead of having our laptops in the kitchen- can't tell you how many times I have almost spilled on my laptop)! This if a fun, easy and progressive project you can always be working on. It also gives a lot of room for creativity. As you can see there is no one way to do it and each and every book will be unique and one of a kind.


All you need to do is find a old cookbook that you do not really care for (Jerica and I both picked ours up at the thrift store) and paste in your recipes however you like! Jerica (bottom of image) used different types of scrap paper and magazine pictures for a border around recipes that she edited with cool fonts and printed out on the computer. She also added category tags to section off her recipes in her cook book!

For mine ( image top) I hand wrote my recipes and titles on lined paper and pasted them in. You can really do whatever you want with it! I followed the original book's sections and categories and pasted each of my recipes under the right section.  We both left parts of the original pages visible to preserve the look and feel of the original cookbook. Another cool idea is to add in your own pictures the recipes as well! My book was a little too small for that but maybe for another book! 

-Amy-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!