Sunday, December 2, 2012

GRILLED SWEET POTATO WITH GARLIC BUTTER & THYME


 So I have made this snack 3 times since I discovered it... 3 days ago. Only a few ingredients, so tasty and soooomewhat healthy! This was one of the dishes Amy and I were considering for our Thanksgiving Dinner but it ended up not making the cut so I had six sweet potatoes on my hands! I didn't have rosemary so I just used some Thyme and it was delicious. The first time it was for my boyfriend and I as an appetizer, but I ended up eating the whole first batch myself. Whoooops.

 

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 large (2 small) sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tsp finely diced fresh rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • sea salt, sprinkled on top

DIRECTIONS

  1. Wash and slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds and place on foil sheet.
  2. Melt the butter in a bowl and add the chopped rosemary and garlic.
  3. Stir and spoon/drizzle on each round.
  4. Lightly salt the tops.
  5. Place on grill and cook on low, about 5 minutes each side.
Recipe found here
-Jerica-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!