My friend has this odd obsession with Coke. It's kinda ridiculous- maybe obsession is the wrong word... more like addiction. Well I am only fueling the fire with these Coca Cola Cupcakes. Since it is finals week he has been under some stress with studying so I decided to make him a treat to help him cope. I think it may just be a girl thing to want sweets, chocolate, and tons of food when under stress but maybe a guy might appreciate it as well! Either way I know he can't turn these down. I included 4 Coca Colas in the pretty glass bottles- the ones from Mexico that are made with real sugar! (I am not a soda fan but all my soda drinking friends tell me it is a lot better than American coke).
I got this recipe from an Australian blog, Grab Your Fork and made a few adjustments.
1 1/3 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/3 c Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c unsalted butter
4 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
3/4 cup Coca-Cola
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
2 c powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp Coca-Cola
2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
gummy cola bottles
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees .
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, egg, yogurt, vanilla .
3. Heat butter, cocoa, Coca-Cola on low heat and mix.
4. Mix everything together and then fill each muffin tin 2/3 way full. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
5. For the icing- beat the softened butter with coca cola, cream cheese and powdered sugar.
6. Once the cupcakes have cooled, top with icing and gummy cola bottles.