Friday, December 7, 2012

CABINET UPCYCLE

Like I say in every DIY, this is super easy. Because it really issssss. And I get so many compliments on it! It adds a lot of interest to any pieces of furniture you might have that just aren't doing it for ya, in my case it was a thrifted tv stand that a roommate had left. I ended up using just regular black old acrylic paint because I had a huge bottle, and I always figure that paint can't be thaaat different. And I was right! This had a nice gloss to it as well. 

Unscrew the handles and sand the wood if needed. I sanded down the cabinet doors a bit so that the little varnish it had wouldn't repel the paint. Let the paint dry and apply more layers as needed. Then simply take your paint marker (mine was from hobby lobby, except silver and not 'extra fine') and have at it! I'm curious to see how a different color combination would look!

-Jerica-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!