Sunday, November 4, 2012

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER DOG TREATS

I got this recipe from a dog food cook book a few years back that is super simple and quick. It is peanut butter dog biscuits! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup of hot water
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and mix all of your ingredients in a bowl.  Once everything is mixed together roll it out and use a cookie cutter ( I used a jar top) to cut out the shapes that you want. Then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown! Make sure to let it cool on a cooling rack before giving it to your pups! 

I made these the other day for a friend and his adorable dogs. For the jar I used a old salsa jar and glued on a plastic dog to the top and spray painted it black. I cut a strip from a brown paper bag to make the label which I then glued to the jar. For the gift tag I used an old map (I chose a map of Detroit because that is their hometown!) and cut it into a gift tag shape with trimming from the same brown bag I used for the label. 

This is such a quick gift to put together. With the baking and all, it took me about an hour to finish! 


-Amy-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!