Tuesday, October 16, 2012

LAMP REVAMP WITH SPRAYPAINT





I have been wanting to try this foreverrr and I finally took the plunge. Now it's time for you to take the plunge. Spray paint an old lamp, you will be so glad you did. I used a ceramic-type lamp that I got from the thift store but I imagine you could make this work for almost any type of material. If you are painting over a lamp that has a darker color, you will want to spray a layer of white primer first. You can find this in the spray paint section at any craft store!

The color I used from Krylon is a Satin finish called Catalina Mist. I meant to pick up a high-gloss finish which is what everyone recommends, but I got too excited about the color and forgot to even look at it! But luckily it turned out with a glossy finish still.
When spraying you'll want to be sure to stay about a foot away and build the color in layers. Do not get closer than this because the spray paint will pile up too fast and create drips like mine did a little bit :( But I still just love it!

DIRECTIONS
Spray the lamp.  

*The picture is a wood transfer I did a while back. Check back for a tutorial on that!

-Jerica-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!