Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY: PORCELAIN PEN ON MUGS

Here is a project that is all around Pinterest that we did with our friends Alix and Katherine. It is so simple, all you need are porcelain or ceramic mugs (ours were all from the thrift store) and some porcelain pens for a new mug set! This could be a fun DIY gift to make for someone, pair it up with some hot chocolate mix or this homemade chai tea mix and you're good to go! The porcelain pens I picked up were from Micheal's because Hobby Lobby didn't seem to have any, however I couldn't find the ones that you can bake in the oven to set the drawing. So make sure you handwash these babies only and be very gentle when washing the drawing because it may come off, as you would expect! Also the paint can come off if the drink is extremely hot, so I would recommend not drawing on the inside of the mug unless you use the ones that can be baked, so that you don't die! You can find the designs that Amy and I used for our trees here. 

My mugs:

I found the mug with the little brass knuckles from the thrift store, its my favorite! I chose all white mugs so it would still look like a cohesive set even though they are all different styles.

Amy's mugs:


Katherine's mugs:


See what you can come up with!
-Jerica-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!