Sunday, September 9, 2012

DIY: BATH SALTS, BATH FIZZ AND BATH OIL



I have the most adorable boss ever. But unfortunately in the world of retail things get really stressful for her. She always does nice little things for all of us, I decided this time I wanted to do something for her. I decided to make her some bath goodies to help her mellow out and wind down after a day of hell that comes from retail. My house smells like a bomb of lavender and lemons has exploded! Everyone in the house will be intoxicated to relaxation to say the least.
For her relaxation kit I made a lemon sugar scrub, Lemongrass and Lavender bath oil, Lavender bath salts (hallucination free mind you), and some Bath Fizz (directions found here).

Bath Salts:
3/4 Cup Epsom Salt
1/2 Cup Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Baking Soda
8 Drops of Pure Lavender Essential Oil
Blue and Purple Food Coloring

1. Mix all dry ingredients together
2. Add in drops of oil and coloring and mix

Bath Fizz:
1/2 C citric acid
1 C baking soda
2/4 c organic cane sugar
food coloring
10-15 drops essential oil
spray bottle, silicone ice cube tray

1. Mix all dry ingredients together
2. Mix food coloring/oil/water in spray bottle and spritz as you mix everything together till it all sticks
3. Set in mold
I used these cheeeeeeesy flower molds because that is all Walmart had. I also used some mini cupcake holders too.

Bath Oil:
1. carrier oil- I used Almond oil and olive oil
2. lemongrass and lavender essential oil- I used 7 drops of lemon grass and 13 of Lavender.
-Amy-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!